Affiliate Terms of Service
Website Affiliate Agreement
This agreement (the “Agreement) is made between SHOTBOX L.L.C. (the “Company”), and the Affiliate, and collectively, the “Parties”) for participation in The Company’s affiliate program. If Affiliate does not want to participate in the affiliate program, please disregard the following agreement.
Affiliate wishes to include certain materials promoting Company, and to include a link to Company’s website within those materials on Affiliate’s website;
NOW THEREFORE, in consideration of the mutual promises, covenants, warranties, and other good and valuable consideration set forth herein, the Parties agree as follows:
1. Promotional Materials. Company shall make available to Affiliate certain banner advertisements, button links, text links, and/or other graphic or textual material for display and use on the Affiliate website (the “Promotional Materials”). Affiliate shall display the Promotional Materials on Affiliate’s website prominently and as Affiliate sees fit, provided that the manner of display shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement. Affiliate shall also include a link from the Promotional Materials to Company’s website, as specified by Company.
2. Use of Promotional Materials. The Affiliate’s use and display of the Promotional Materials on the Affiliate’s site shall conform to the following terms, conditions and specifications as well as all governing laws and Internet best practices:
a. Affiliate may not use any graphic, textual or other materials to promote Company’s website, products or services other than the Promotional Materials, unless Company agrees to such other materials in writing prior to their display.
b. Affiliate may only use the Promotional Materials for the purpose of promoting Company’s website (and the products and services available thereon), and for linking to Company’s website.
c. Affiliate will not alter, add to, subtract from, or otherwise modify the Promotional Materials as they are prepared by Company. If Affiliate wishes to alter or otherwise modify the Promotional Materials, Affiliate must obtain prior written consent from Company for such alteration of modification.
d. Affiliates are solely responsible for ensuring their tracking code is working before referring traffic to the SHOTBOX website. Referral fees may not be paid for tracking errors caused by Affiliates tampering with their links.
e. The Promotional Materials will be used to link only to Company’s website, to the specific page and address as specified by Company.
3. FTC Disclosure. Affiliates who promote a product or service and earn a commission must clearly disclose near said promotion that they earn commission.
4. License. Company hereby grants to Affiliate a nonexclusive, nontransferable license (the “License”) to use the Promotional Materials as specified under the terms and conditions of this Agreement. The term of the License shall expire upon the expiration or termination of this Agreement.
5. Intellectual Property. Company retains all right, ownership, and interest in the Promotional Materials, and in any copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property in the Promotional Materials. Nothing in this Agreement shall be construed to grant Affiliate any rights, ownership or interest in the Promotional Materials, or in the underlying intellectual property, other than the rights to use the Promotional Materials granted under the License, as set forth in Section 3.
6. Relationship of Parties. This Agreement shall not be construed to create any employment relationship, agency relationship, or partnership between Company and Affiliate. Affiliate shall provide services for Company as an independent contractor. Affiliate shall have no authority to bind Company into any agreement, nor shall Affiliate be considered to be an agent of Company in any respect.
a. In exchange for Affiliate’s display of the Promotional Materials, and for Affiliate’s compliance with and performance of the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Company shall pay to Affiliate a commission (the “Commission”) in the amount of a percentage of product sold to a customer that accesses Company’s website through a link on Affiliate’s website and/or social media channel. The current percentage posted is 15% with a 3% add on for Affiliates that signed up during the Kickstarter phase of the project. This percentage is subject to change by the Company at any time. Notification to Affiliate of any change in commission percentage will be given by Company at the email address on hand for the Affiliate. Commission will be based on purchases made by the Affiliate referred customer for any new purchases within the cookie lifespan. Company may change the lifespan of the cookies without notice. The initial cookie lifespan as of October 1, 2015 is 30 days.
b. Affiliates are solely responsible for keeping all payee information in their account up to date to ensure a valid payment can be issued.
c. Referred purchases must come through an Affiliate's tracking link in order to qualify for commission. No referral fee will be paid for sales that occurred before becoming a SHOTBOX Affiliate.
d. Company shall keep accurate and up-to-date records of the data used to determine the total amount of Commissions owed to Affiliate. Affiliate shall be given reasonable access to these records upon request, and is available through the affiliate area on the member page at http://www.shotbox.me/affiliates. Any discrepancy between the amount of Commissions owed according to these records, and the actual amount of Commissions paid to Affiliate in any period or periods shall be rectified by Company within 14 days of discovering such discrepancy.
e. Missing or untracked affiliate referrals must be reported within one month of the referred purchase and will be credited to your account at our sole discretion.
f. Commissions are held for a period of 1 month from any purchase to protect Company in the event of any chargeback that may occur. Company shall pay all Commissions accrued and payable to Affiliate within 7 days of the first day of each month (the “Commission Payment Date”). If on any Commission Payment Date, the amount of total Commissions accrued and payable to Affiliate is less than $10.00, then such accrued and payable balance shall be held over to the following month, and paid together with the Commissions due for that month. If at any time, the balance of accrued and payable Commissions is held over for 2 consecutive months, then Company shall pay all accrued and payable Commissions to Affiliate in the third month, regardless of the total amount owed. Payment is made via the best fit as decided by the Company.
g. Commission from referred customers that issue a Chargeback can be reversed at any time. If commission has already been paid, it will be subtracted from future referrals.
h. Commission will be reversed for any purchases returned within 60 days. If commission has already been paid, it will be subtracted from future referrals.
i. Any affiliate who violates the Affiliate Agreement or any applicable law is subject to having their affiliate account deactivated. Affiliate accounts may be deactivated at any time without warning. Accrued, but not yet received, referral fees will be forfeited.
j. In the event that Affiliate materially breaches this Agreement and Company terminates this Agreement within 30 days of such breach, then any accrued and payable Commissions owing to Affiliate shall be forfeited, and Company shall not be obligated to pay such Commissions to Affiliate.
8. Affiliate’s Representations and Warranties. Affiliate represents and warrants the following:
a. Affiliate has the legal authority to enter into this Agreement and to be bound to the promises, covenants, and other duties set forth in this Agreement.
b. Affiliate’s website does not contain any materials that are:
i. Sexually explicit, obscene, or pornographic;
ii. Offensive, profane, hateful, threatening, harmful, defamatory, libelous, harassing, or discriminatory (whether based on race, ethnicity, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, physical disability, or otherwise);
iii. Graphically violent, including any violent video game images; or
iv. Solicitous of any unlawful behavior
c. Affiliate has obtained any necessary clearances, licenses, or other permission for any intellectual property used on Affiliate’s website. Nothing on Affiliate’s website infringes upon the intellectual property rights of any person or entity. No person or entity has brought or threatened an action claiming such infringement, nor does Affiliate have any reason to believe that any person or entity will bring or threaten such a claim in the future.
d. Affiliate will not use the Promotional Materials in any manner other than those set forth in Section 2 above.
e. Affiliate will not make any claim to ownership of the Promotional Materials, or of the copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property therein.
f. Affiliate will not publish or otherwise distribute any advertising materials for Affiliate’s website that reference Company or Company’s website unless Company gives prior written consent to the distribution of such materials. Affiliate will not use Company’s name (or any name that is confusingly similar to Company’s name) for any purpose on its website, in its promotional materials, or in any other context except to promote Company’s website as specified in this Agreement. Affiliate will not register any domain name that incorporates Company’s name, or that is confusingly similar to Company’s name. It must be clear that you are not Company, but an Affiliate.
g. Affiliates MAY NOT PPC bid on Company's trademark (or any name that is confusingly similar to Company’s name) as keywords on Internet search engines (Google, Yahoo, etc.).
h. Affiliate will not engage in the distribution of any unsolicited bulk emails (spam) in any way mentioning or referencing Company or Company’s website.
i. Affiliate will not engage in techniques that set the tracking cookie without an actual manual click by the user.
j. Affiliates may not offer cash back to referred customers for purchases.
9. Indemnification. Affiliate shall indemnify Company and hold harmless Company from any claim, damage, lawsuit, action, complaint, or other costs arising out of any breach of Affiliate’s warranties set forth in Section 7 above. Affiliate shall also indemnify and hold harmless Company for any damage, loss or other cost arising out of the use or misuse by Affiliate of the Promotional Materials.
10. Confidentiality. Any information that Affiliate is exposed to by virtue of its relationship with Company under this Agreement, which information is not available to the general public, shall be considered to be “Confidential Company Information.” Affiliate may not disclose any Confidential Company Information to any person or entity, except where compelled by law, unless Affiliate obtains prior written consent for such disclosure from Company.
a. This Agreement shall take effect immediately, and shall remain in full force and effect indefinitely, or until terminated pursuant to this Section 10.
b. Either Party shall have the right to terminate this Agreement at any time and for any cause. The terminating Party must give written notice to the other Party at least 30 days prior to the intended date of termination.
12. Taxes. Company shall not be responsible for any taxes owed by Affiliate arising out of Affiliate’s relationship with Company as set forth in this Agreement. Company shall not withhold any taxes from the Commissions paid to Affiliate.
13. Fees. Affiliates are responsible for any expenses incurred in order to receive their referral commission (fees, taxes, surcharges, exchange rates, etc.). Please check with your local banking institution or PayPal to find out whether any of these apply to your account.
14. Limitation of Liability. Company shall not be liable for any loss of profits or costs, or for any direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages, including costs associated with the procurement of substitute goods or services (whether Company was or should have been aware or advised of the possibility of such damage), arising out of or associated with any loss, suspension or interruption of service, termination of this Agreement, use or misuse of the Promotional Materials, or other performance of services under this Agreement.
15. Counterparts. This Agreement may be executed in several counterparts, each of which shall constitute an original and all of which, when taken together, shall constitute one agreement.
16. Changes. Company may change any of the terms and conditions in this Affiliate Agreement at any time. The changes will take effect when posted live to the Terms, and apply to all future referral fees. For significant changes, a notice will be posted on this page for at least 30 days after the changes are made. The date of the last revision will be posted at the bottom of this Affiliate Agreement. Your continued participation in the affiliate program following a revision constitutes your acceptance of all changes. If you do not agree to any such changes, submit a Ticket to us with your decision to have your affiliate account closed.
17. Severability. If any part or parts of this Agreement shall be held unenforceable for any reason, the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect. If any provision of this Agreement is deemed invalid or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, and if limiting such provision would make the provision valid, then such provision shall be deemed to be construed as so limited.
18. Headings. The headings for section herein are for convenience only and shall not affect the meaning of the provisions of this Agreement.
19. Entire Agreement. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Company and Affiliate, and supersedes any prior understanding or representation of any kind preceding the date of this Agreement. There are no other promises, conditions, understandings or other agreements, whether oral or written, relating to the subject matter of this Agreement.
If you have any questions about the SHOTBOX LLC Affiliate program, please submit a Support Ticket by calling 1 (323) SHOTBOX and/or emailing email@example.com.